- Write a letter to the editor of your local newspaper and industry trade magazines. Give advice, thank people or tell them about a contest you are running. Be sure it does not appear to be a sales pitch.
- Hold an open house. Give people a reason to drop by – food, an educational seminar, a networking event, a party to celebrate a milestone, a fundraiser for a charity, a document shredding service, etc.
- Get a business card from everyone you meet that has one. Send them a letter that you enjoyed meeting them and to please contact you if they ever have a need for your services. You might want to enclose a coupon for 10% off or a flyer of an event that you will be having soon.
- Create a personal nametag or pin with your company name and logo on it to wear at meetings and conferences.
- Donate your product or serve to a charity auction
These can all help market your business at little to no cost.
©2013 Nancy Butler All rights reserved