Tips to Help Reduce Expenses To Have More Money To Allocate To the Things That Are Most Important To You.
- Plan and limit your trips to the grocery store. The more often you go, the more you are apt to spend. Also, when something is on sale, you can get more of it at that price if it will be used over two weeks instead of just one. Keep a note pad in a handy place to jot down any items you need to remember to purchase and bring the list with you. When you shop, go on a full stomach. You can be less tempted to impulse buy when you are not hungry.
- Know how much you have allocated for each expense and stick to it. If necessary, keep your budget in your pocket so you can refer to it when needed.
- Maintain only one credit card for emergencies. Cut up and close all other credit card accounts. Have an agreement with yourself and your significant other where appropriate, for what has to happen for that card to come out. It should only be used for emergencies until your finances are in order. If you don’t have the cash, don’t spend the money.
- There are so many web sites that can be of help. Consider the following: Gazelle.com, gives you cash for gadgets including cell phones, digital cameras, computers, etc. Retailmenot.com for coupons for over 65,000 stores. PlatosCloset.com to re-sell clothes – specializes in teens and twenty-something girls/guys clothes
- Be sure to review your financial status at least quarterly. Make any necessary adjustments to assure you stay on track. Keep in mind that you may need to decrease some areas of spending to be able to allocate more to the goals that are most important to you.
© 2011 Nancy Butler All rights reserved