How do you determine your ideal client profile? The answer is dependent on the type of business you have. However, there are some factors that apply to almost all businesses.
Knowing your ideal client or customer is critical for the success of your business. No business can be all things to all people. If you know who your ideal client is you can customize your marketing and business plan to attract the right customers to your business.
Consider the following:
- What does your ideal client “look like” i.e. what is their geographic location, what is their age group, what is their financial position, what is their lifestyle, are they male, female or a business, etc?
- Does the prospective client have the need for your product or service?
- Can the prospective client afford your product or service?
- Do you have access to this prospective client?
Next, ask yourself this:
- Would you enjoy working with this client?
- Is the potential income from this client in line with your business income goals (can they afford your product or service at the level you need)?
- Is the amount of time you would have to spend to bring in and service this client worth it?
Taking the time to determine who your ideal client is and customizing your marketing around that group can mean more sales and happier clients/customers.