Many people today are extremely busy balancing work, family, and life in general. It is imperative that you make it easy for them to do business with you.
In today’s era of technology, there are several options you can make available to your existing and prospective clients to enable them to connect with you easily and effectively. Consider making all of the following options available so they can use what works best for them. Be sure all options are listed on business cards, advertising, and any other communication.
- Traditional phone
- During normal business hours, they should be able to speak to a person and not just leave a voice message
- During non-business hours an answering service is preferable over voice messaging
- Provide a toll-free number
- Be sure to check and reply to your e-mails at least hourly during normal business hours (or have staff manage them for you)
- Be sure to check and reply to your text messages at least hourly during normal business hours (or have staff manage them for you)
- This can work well for any paperwork that does not require an original.
- Provide all options to connect with you on the home page and every page of your website.
- Traditional mail
- Your mailing address, as well as your physical office address, should be listed as well.
The easier it is for people to connect with you and the quicker you reply, the better reputation you may have and greater opportunity for referrals.